The fresh vegetables in this pasta are to die for. Baby spinach, sauteed mushrooms and onions, and TONS of little grape tomatoes. I love that this dish is bursting with so much flavor, yet it takes such a short time to make it!
Classes start tomorrow so I needed something that I could have in the fridge and reheat quickly. I was going through my recipe box and came across this old friend. I couldn’t remember the last time I made it.. and then I couldn’t imagine why I hadn’t made it recently! So to start of the semester right, I will be dining on delicious Penne Bosciaola for the week!
- olive oil
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 3-4 handfuls baby spinach
- 5 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces chicken broth
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 stick of butter
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- basil (optional)
- 12 ounces cooked penne pasta
- Saute the garlic and onions in a bit of olive oil.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and a bit of salt and pepper. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Finish by adding the broth, butter, spinach, basil, red pepper flakes, and cheese. Stir until heated.
- Toss with the cooked pasta. Before serving sprinkle with some more cheese!