I’d like to introduce you to one of my favorite comfort foods. This became a regular part of my diet during high school. Remember pasta parties the night before soccer games? The parents of the girls on the team would host all of use for dinner the night before our games. We some amazing meals with garlic bread, salad, spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna, and of course… chicken, broccoli, and ziti. It was there, I ate it, and loved it.
I’ve been making this recipe since I started college. My life wasn’t complete without it. Just because pasta parties ended… it didn’t mean my favorite pasta dish had to disappear too! And of course, as if some timer inside me has gone off… it is fall (soccer season) and I’m making it. This is an extremely simple dish to make in a short amount of time. It always comes out amazing!
Chicken, Broccoli and Ziti (about 4-5 servings)
- 2 raw chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound ziti
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the chicken, garlic, salt, and pepper until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the broccoli, tossing with the chicken. Add more seasonings as needed.
- Stirring, cook one minute and then add the milk and the cheese. Over high heat, toss all of the ingredients until the sauce is thickened… about 1-2 minutes.
- Cook the ziti according to the package, and then toss with butter. Add the ziti to the chicken and broccoli, tossing gently.
- Before serving sprinkle with cheese, salt, and pepper.