This quick and easy salad has some of my favorite things in it: kalamata olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, red onion. It is delicious.. and easy to make! When I come home between Grad classes in the afternoon I am absolutely ravenous. As I am making the drive back to my apartment, I go over my plan… step by step.. of how I can most efficiently make my lunch. And then when my key finally unlocks the door, my plan springs into action.
Lately, this salad has been the plan. I eat it for a meal (with a little bread of course!), but it would be a fabulous side dish to many meals!
Cucumber Tomato Salad: (about 4 servings)
- kalamata olives (you decide how many you would like!)
- 6-8 vine ripened tomatoes roughly chopped, about 4 cups all together
- 1 cucumber, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup red onion roughly chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- a good balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Chop your vegetables.
- Put the tomatoes in the bowl first. Next layer on the cucumber. Then lay the red onion over the top. Finally top the vegetables with the feta cheese and kalamata olives.
- Drizzle the vegetable with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.